Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: help with worldgen: How to generate 95% evil worlds.  (Read 710 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
help with worldgen: How to generate 95% evil worlds.
« on: July 19, 2009, 04:43:04 pm »

Simply put, I want a world with some minimalist good and neutral areas, and 95% evil areas, with other parameters like savagery and the like randomized as normal. However, just by decreasing by X the good squares and increasing by X the evil ones does not seem to work. What am I supposed to do? Reduce good squares to 0 or something like that?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: help with worldgen: How to generate 95% evil worlds.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 07:22:33 pm »

Simply put, I want a world with some minimalist good and neutral areas, and 95% evil areas, with other parameters like savagery and the like randomized as normal. However, just by decreasing by X the good squares and increasing by X the evil ones does not seem to work. What am I supposed to do? Reduce good squares to 0 or something like that?
What do you mean by 'doesn't work'?

There's an option in the init file to turn on map rejects. Once you've done that, open it up (map_rejection_log.txt, found in the same folder as the game's .exe) and see what it says. My guess is that it's having trouble placing the correct number of civs, and dwarves especially. Dwarves compete with goblins for neutral mountains and any mountain range will only be settled on its edges, cutting down on the number of civs that can use the mountain areas. That leaves the non-mountain areas that aren't treeless wastes or water, which are settled primarily by elves and humans. But since they won't settle in evil areas, the game has difficulty placing them.

Leave the number of Good squares alone unless you get rejects from it. If you're still having problems, post your worldgen settings (save them and copy-paste from data/init/world_gen.txt, if you don't know already).
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

nitnatsnoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:57:53 pm »

Try this, it worked well for me. Gen'd on d11 but may work for other versions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:06:37 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 10:13:06 am »

Ok, I used your model to make my own map generation parameter for evil worlds (in this case, small evil worlds). The thing is, I am not certain my map has any goblins or kobolds. Any way of checking? (I've been looking at legends but I am still not sure.

Alternatively: are elven and human sieges enabled again? I dont care about goblins if I can substitute them with theirs.

nitnatsnoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 02:41:31 pm »

I have no idea about goblins etc. But I didn't do anything particular to remove them. I would assume in a highly evil world there would be plenty of goblins. But I dunno.