Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Randomly crashes  (Read 983 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
[40d] Randomly crashes
« on: July 22, 2009, 07:53:39 pm »

My game specs Civ forge with orcs more things to kill

Operating system Vista

The game recently started crashing at random  I've had these mods on for a while know so i don't think their the problem. I just get dwarf fortress has stopped working, at random time generally before i can save. its not the nemisis error and i have made a couple of worlds, i seem to be able to get a few good games then crash. Anyone else have this problem and if so how can i fix it because i like my current world gen.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Randomly crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:28:18 pm »

Do you have the game installed in Program Files?  If so, move it somewhere else.

If that doesn't help, re-download and reinstall the game in a SEPARATE location, not "on top" of your current installation.  You can then move over your save folders (in /data/save) and raws.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:26:30 am »

Its on my desktop  :-\
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 11:45:06 am »

Then, as above, try reinstalling (from a FRESH download) to a different location, preferably some innocuous location like C:\Games.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 05:47:29 pm »

that seems to have fixed it thanks