Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: high hopes for new baby (HFS related)  (Read 1872 times)

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: high hopes for new baby (HFS related)
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 09:05:08 pm »

If we wanted to use the cheating method, we could just remove the [FIXED_TEMP:25000] (or turn off temperature in init) and [trAPAVOID] on the SoF.

You can then add [PET_EXOTIC] or [PET] to make them trainable.

Not as strong as I'd like when they aren't at the temperature of the sun though.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 01:24:00 am »

Put it a room with the baby and remove the cage. Let's see how much he likes it now!

Again probably a lot more.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 07:15:15 am »

Spirits of fire. Fuck your beak dogs.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 07:27:51 am »

it was my understanding that cages were indestructible, like all constructions.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 09:51:29 am »

Constuctions are indestructable, but their materials aren't. This is why we use bauxite mechanics. Once the material is destroyed, the construction deconstructs. The only exception I know to this rule is Walls and floors.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 11:02:02 am »

it was my understanding that cages were indestructible, like all constructions.

They are from the inside, not the outside.

For example:

SoF inside a cage = no problem.
SoF outside of a cage = possible melted cage
Cave-in on a cage = destroyed cage, along with creatures I believe

Cages are buildings, not constructions. As a result, they can be destroyed by temperature, magma, or the building destroyer creatures.

Built cages with prisoners automatically release them when broken (when you pull a lever attached to a cage it "breaks" the cage). Not sure about unbuilt ones.

Constuctions are indestructable, but their materials aren't. This is why we use bauxite mechanics. Once the material is destroyed, the construction deconstructs. The only exception I know to this rule is Walls and floors.

Anything that can be created with the b -> C command is indestructable. So that includes:

Walls
Floors
Stairs
Ramps
Fortifications

Also, trees are largely indestructible. Except against axes.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 11:47:04 am »

You aren't thinking dwarfy enough if you're worried about cages being destroyed. You only need 2 layers. A cave in of even a single tile causes the magical knock out powder/cave in dust to spread for 10-15 tiles in a radius. Put some strong cages in there, and knock out the SoF with cave in dust. Voila! Caged SoF (in theory). If that doesn't work, have another room after that. However, instead of cages surrounding the tile in the middle where the cave in bomb occurs, use trap doors. With the same lever that unlinks the support, have the trap doors open. Hopefully the SoF will be knocked out and in the cage before he has a chance to melt it. However, this relies on some luck with how DF works. As far as I know, SoF's won't melt objects on another z-level. I'm banking on them winding up in the cage before they melt it, at which point it's indestructible by the SoF. However, is anyone certain that they'll even melt the cages in the first place?

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 04:47:31 am »

The person who effectively did this theory - used ten's of kittens and puppies to distract them and reveal the demons.
Pages: 1 [2]