Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The chosen one?  (Read 541 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
The chosen one?
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:52:05 am »

When testing my arena, I had a spear dwarf fight three enemies the spear dwarf died, but the baby she was carrying did not i assumed that the baby would get killed, I look back and the enemy's who were unharmed before, were all dead. Then unlike what normally happens when a parent dies the baby did not commit suicide. I think this dwarf will grow to be the chosen one and destroy the sand raiders, what do you guys think?

edit: Fixed spelling
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:19:50 pm by Wh1tefang12 »
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The chosen one?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:16:13 pm »

When testing my arena, I had a spear dwarf fight three enemy's the spear dwarf died, but the baby she was carrying did not i assumed that the baby would get killed, i look back and the enemy's who were unharmed before, were all dead. Then unlike what normally happens when a parent dies the baby did not commit suicide. I think this dwarf will grow to be the chosen one and destroy the sand raiders, what do you guys think.
Check for a small scar on its forehead!
/me shudders, feeling dirty for referencing Rowling instead of Pratchett.

(And, while I'm here: F.Y.I., "enemies" is the plural you're looking for, the pronoun "I" should be capitalised and you didn't end that question with a question mark,  There.  I feel a little less sullied now, after that little bout of unnecessary pedantry, ;))

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:58:58 pm »

It is your duty to Dwarfkind to raise this child to be the most bad ass m*th*r f*ck*r*ng Dwarf ever, a champion among champions, King of the Area, Lord of The Mountains, Master of the Depths... at least until a passing marksgoblin shoots him to death.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:37:51 pm »

He was just possessed he is the chosen one and Will lead my troops to victory! sorry about image quality.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:45:18 pm »

I disagree. I think this means that he must be sacrificed to the gods in some creative way.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:50:20 pm »

If you have no big cliffs, rivers, or magma pools, the infant will be unable to fling itself to its doom and grow up just fine. Dwarves will bring the infant food and water until the infant grows into a child, at which point it will feed itself and grow into a peasant spearcatcher.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 03:51:51 pm »

At least it's a he or it'd be doomed to grow up, bear a child, and die while in combat thus repeating the cycle.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 04:00:36 pm »

@Hyndis: I live on a mountain with a chasm, river, and magma pipe, he could have easily killed himself

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 04:01:27 pm »

Well at the time he couldn't path to any of them I'd assume (since he was in an arena). So maybe that 'canceled' the suicide.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 04:07:45 pm »

I opened the door right after I saw he was alive, and that was minutes after his mom died.