Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why is this happening?  (Read 1052 times)

Gamermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why is this happening?
« on: July 14, 2009, 03:50:52 pm »

I wander into a forest retreat but for some reason 2 swordelves are shot and killed, but they seemed to have started the mess, and killed many a man...er,elf. why are swordelves(and only swordelves) starting to go nuts????

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Why is this happening?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 03:55:55 pm »

I wander into a forest retreat but for some reason 2 swordelves are shot and killed, but they seemed to have started the mess, and killed many a man...er,elf. why are swordelves(and only swordelves) starting to go nuts????
They could be from a different faction, or possibly the beginning of a loyalty casscade that got cut short. Could just be that they snapped and went apeshit (a glich in other words).

Theres alot of things it could be, so any editional information would be useful

Gamermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 04:05:12 pm »

OK, What exactly happened is I enter the elf village and then I get spam of a swordelf massacring his fellow elves, but then he is shot dead, then another swordelf starts killing innocents and then is shot dead.

EDIT: what is a loyalty cascade?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:08:37 pm by Gamermaster »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:48:01 pm »

OK, What exactly happened is I enter the elf village and then I get spam of a swordelf massacring his fellow elves, but then he is shot dead, then another swordelf starts killing innocents and then is shot dead.

EDIT: what is a loyalty cascade?
A loyalty cascade is kinda like a tantrum spiral... I'll give an example.

Say you walk into town and steal bob's sock. Bob then gets pissed and punches you in the head (with an ax). However, now bob is seen as an enemy by is town so someone goes up and kicks him in the shin (with a crossbow). Unfortunately that someone is then considered an enemy and so on and so forth until the entire town collapses into madness. I've come across these every now and again, lots of spam for a little while and then you wander into town to find blood and vomit everywhere and no sign of any survivors.

From your explanation it seems like the town, for whatever reason, turned on the first guy and then the first guy's death set off the second one. Thats my guess

Gamermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:06:06 pm »

Ahhhh I see.....

This has opened many new possibilities for great fun in the future for my adventurers and the lands they vist.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 07:27:41 pm »

Here is a bonus for extra fun
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:25:13 am »

Here is a bonus for extra fun

!!!  Do they get out and ROAM?!

Micr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 11:54:04 am »

Yeah, I was playing as a goblin adventurer and I went to a tower to find a quest. But to my surprise, there's an all-out war between 2 groups of Goblins. They seemed to be invading or something because there was a seemingly endless wave of gobbos charging through the temple/chapel thing getting torn apart by crossbows. It was pretty epic until I got shot through the brain by a bolt.

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 08:18:31 am »

Yeah, I guess that sucked.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35:42 am »

Yeah, I guess that sucked.

They USUALLY don't wander too far in my experience, but the larger demons do sometimes just walk into towns and raze the place. Seen it happen.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 05:06:34 pm »

Spoiler: hfs (click to show/hide)
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned