Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: minor tweak questions  (Read 321 times)

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
minor tweak questions
« on: July 13, 2009, 05:57:54 pm »

i tried asking this in the original post over on dwarf mode, but it fits more here i think...

after the massive arena and whatnot, i am done with that fort (i think). i can't delete it, b/c it had adamantite, bauxite, magnetite, lots of obsidian, copper, gold, silver, and platinum and HFS. i mean, it was perfect for what i wanted.

but now i am attracted to the heaven worldgen http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32682.0. i want to see it, even though i heard it's low on metals. but, i want to tweak it before i start. questions are:

1 - is there any way when i copy/paste teh worldgen stuff that i can get more evil/terrifying? i've never had zombie, skeletal, evil things, even in evil biomes. i want to almost guarantee it.

2 - megabeasts, i want them. never got one in 5 forts. i plan on adding some of the ones from that crazy post a while back. but really, i want to make them proliferate, hopefully assuring one comes around. how?

3 - goblins. i will edit the raws before i start, make them a bit tougher, adding [nofear] so they don't run away, prob also upping the babyrate. i know, i know, there's an orc mod somewhere, but honestly, i don't want to add them. i'd rather just edit what i have, you know? any tips on that?

4 - i'm running 40d. will i have any problems genning that heavenish place made from that data?

thanx in advance for your ideas and info!

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: minor tweak questions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 06:10:24 pm »

1) Not really, but you should be able to find them in the appropriate evil biome.  Embark on an evil river for skeletal carp that walk on land or on an evil ocean for zombie whales.  That ought to slaughter you outright.

2) Generate a world with parameters and don't let it kill so many megabeasts.  You can set it to stop at a certain percentage of megabeasts dead.  Just stop it outright and start playing immediately and your world will be crawling with megabeasts.  If you build it, they will come.  That is, your probably aren't playing your fortress' long enough for megabeasts to show.  I've heard somewhere on these forums that year seven or eight is fairly average for them to arrive.

3) Go ask this question on the Modding board.  They'll help.  With them directing you, you'll have lots and lots of Fun.

4) I've never tried for that site, but I'm betting it'll work fine for 40d.  That post doesn't specify version as far as I saw in my (extremely fast) glance.  As a rule, if they don't post the version, they usually mean 40d.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 08:43:44 pm »

1 - thx. i was hoping somewhere in that worldgen you can make everywhere evil/terrifying. maybe [EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:25:251:503]? what would i change? also, he says he made 3 goblin civs... how?!

2 - where do i change those parameters at? i didnt see that anywhere.

3 - no prob. i just did it on my own. i looked at them, compared them to other things, changed em. let's see how bad it is...

4 - we'll see what happens i guess!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:47:06 pm by dieinafire »

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 09:21:13 pm »

In world parameters you CAN set it for a LOT of evil area...but it'll probably just endlessly reject the worlds...you could try your luck.

At the title screen, you have options to load a save, start a world that doesn't have an active fortress/adventurer(or legends mode), create a new world, and create a new world with parameters(whichever options are applicable).  That's where you'll go if you want a bit more control over worldgen(and where you'll enter worldgen info from others).

If you've any further questions, I'm happy to answer them.