Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King kills object of worship AKA my tame dragon  (Read 1301 times)

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
King kills object of worship AKA my tame dragon
« on: July 15, 2009, 02:27:20 pm »

A little backstory, through the course of fort I've managed to tame 2 (female) dragons.
There's also a central shaft of 3x3 up/down stairways going from the surface to the bottom.
The 2 dragons are chained next to the surface stairs, so noone can enter without getting their arses burned off.

Anyways, my king and king consort come, and I see one of the kings objects of worship are one of my dragons!
"Oh this will be interesting!" I naturally think.

Some times go and I notice the consort starts to spam "Interrupted by Stray dragon".
She's on the bottom level going to the staircase, getting scared and backing of a few tiles. I zoom to surface level and see a smear of blood near a dragon, but no wounds on it. No wounds on consort either.

I pop out to install Overlord II (Gonna be fun), comes back, and check announcements: The dragon have bled to death, along with notices the king have been interrupted as well.
I check consorts kill screen, no kills.
The king was the one who shot it down... His own object of worship... A tamed dragon....

Why exactly?
Oh, and I got no advisor :s
Well, I saw an advisor down in the mines just when the king arrived, 20~ z-levels below... Marked as friendly :s
Then he left..
So, can you solve my mystery?  ??? ???
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
Re: King kills object of worship AKA my tame dragon
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 02:40:36 pm »

dragons are never really tame?
the king has a god complex and felt threatened in his dwarfhood?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 07:33:32 pm »

Apparently you have Nietzsche as your king.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 07:37:17 pm »

The dragon may have very well attacked the king or killed someone in his civ, which would make him and his consort aggressive to it, yet the dragon would not be, due to being tamed by a different civ. So the king went in combat mode and shot it.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 09:38:54 pm »

Ehckuse me, but why do you have TWO dragons?

What mod are you using?

Also, you're dumb.
Dragon Domesitcation

Dragons can be tamed only with the help of the dungeon Master noble. Any dragon that has already tasted dwarven blood and received a title for doing so will never be truly tamed. Dwarves will believe the dragon to be tame, and will not run away in fear from it, but the dragon will continue to happily devour them. This bug/feature exists for all creatures that have killed your dwarves, not just dragons.

Even in the case of taming a dragon that has not killed any of your dwarves, beware that dragonfire does not discriminate between friend or foe.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:11:19 pm by Im_Sparks »
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 10:14:01 pm »

What mod are you using?

What's wrong with having two dragons? Is there a shortage?

Also, you're dumb.
Well that's a bit uncalled for..

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 10:16:51 pm »

What mod are you using?

Also, you're dumb.
Dragon Domesitcation

Dragons can be tamed only with the help of the dungeon Master noble. Any dragon that has already tasted dwarven blood and received a title for doing so will never be truly tamed. Dwarves will believe the dragon to be tame, and will not run away in fear from it, but the dragon will continue to happily devour them. This bug/feature exists for all creatures that have killed your dwarves, not just dragons.

Even in the case of taming a dragon that has not killed any of your dwarves, beware that dragonfire does not discriminate between friend or foe.

Is that a feature of all megabeasts, or all creatures? It seems odd for it to be specifically a dragon thing.
!!&!!

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 10:30:43 pm »

Is that a feature of all megabeasts, or all creatures? It seems odd for it to be specifically a dragon thing.

I found it on the wiki.

What mod are you using?

Also, you're dumb.

Well, it's extremely rare to encounter 2 dragons. Also, I'm very very sorry if i hurt your feelings.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 11:54:38 pm »

I found it on the wiki.

What mod are you using?

Also, you're dumb.

Well, it's extremely rare to encounter 2 dragons. Also, I'm very very sorry if i hurt your feelings.

Eh, you didn't hurt my feelings, I wasn't the one you replied to and called dumb. Just seemed a bit uncalled for, but.. -shrug-

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 12:37:32 am »

What mod are you using?

Also, you're dumb.
Dragon Domesitcation

Cool you managed to call someone dumb while simultaneously looking like an idiot yourself, thus completing the rare "dumb and dumber" forums achievement!

Anyway, to help out, civ leaders often have unusual aspects about them that other migrants never possess such as real relationships, kills, and essentially a full life outside your fortress.  It is likely that a group your leader was a member of was considered "at war" with this particular dragon, thus he was hostile to it while no one else in your fortress was.  He may have even fought it himself in the past!  I guess worship probably doesn't respect the "at war" status with individuals yet, either, so that's just a quirky but meaningless addition to the situation.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 12:54:50 am by Topace3k »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 12:49:20 am »

'Bleep Bloop' Acheivables unlocked!

Ive had multiple dragons before, like most megabeasts there are quite a few at start up and then they get killed by goblins and elves before the history seed ends  ::)

what I find rarest in this instance is a King that can fight, mine were always soap makers or drunks or sumthing, never lifted a damn finger and demanded glass from my volcano glacier.  >:(

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 12:53:18 am »

Elf:Mindcontrolling that king worked perfectly! Now if I could do that to the woodcutter-
Phantom:GET THE HELL OFF MY DESKTOP ELF
The flying shoe hits the elf in the face!
It explodes in gore!!!

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 01:07:41 am »

This bug/feature exists for all creatures that have killed your dwarves, not just dragons

Boatmurdered made this feature infamous with regards to elephants, but yes, it works with all creatures.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 05:28:11 am »

Cool you managed to call someone dumb while simultaneously looking like an idiot yourself, thus completing the rare "dumb and dumber" forums achievement!
;D
Yeah, giving us something unrelated and covering by Wiki is the most funny thing I've ever seen here... Well, not, Toonyman was better :).

Anyway, almost everything was already said, I just want to add that megabeast worship doesn't come from nowhere, it's a result of a megabeast rampage, so yeah, if a creature worships some megabeast it's almost 100% that the named megabeast have raided creature's town.

I imagine it this way: the king comes, sees the hated dragon to be nice and friendly, he avoids the dragon and waits when it's night, and then sneaks to the sleeping dragon and kills it (a spear in eye/weak spot or a poison deadly to dragons, you imagine).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository