Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Endless Rain?  (Read 818 times)

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
Endless Rain?
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:27:05 pm »

Is there any way that i can create endless rain on my map?

Rain just started on my map, if i turn off weather, will it keep raining, allowing me to have an endless supply of water?
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Rain?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 04:30:57 pm »

I think so, but the only way to know is to try it out.

I've had a few embark sites where it rained almost continuously, and that was just the local climate.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Rain?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »

Rain just started on my map, if i turn off weather, will it keep raining, allowing me to have an endless supply of water?

Yes, this is the way. 

Nothing will "overflow" by itself, unless you've tapped murky pools and have them draining off into lower reservoirs.

Note that dwarfs working in rain will get a minor bad thought - hardly a dealbreaker now, but later it might be a consideration.  If you build some UG cisterns you should soon have enough water that you can turn the weather back on and let the rain come naturally - the only time you'll really need it is for wounded and your initial irrigation projects.