Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Naming Pets  (Read 510 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Naming Pets
« on: July 17, 2009, 02:24:45 pm »

(Note: did search "Name* pets," "naming pets," "pet names." No results)

I'd like to name my pets...please. It seems more personal that way. Currently pets are nearly a bother cause they're livestock you can't butcher (minus tantrum) who eat only your fps. But if you could have a dog named sparky or a ... I dunno tame dragon ... named ... Smokey? Flugulsnoots? (we're going with Smokey) or something, it would be less like a restriction.

Certainly Toady and Scamps can understand...?

This seems minor. Is it?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 02:32:42 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

chucks

• Bay Watcher
  • Have Cutlass -- Will Travel
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Pets
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 03:00:04 pm »

Animals get names when you assign them to dwarfs.  However, I don't believe you can change their names.

Still, I would like to be able to name livestock.  I would wind up having a lot of cows named Sir Loin and camels named Joe.
Computer says 'No'.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Pets
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 11:30:36 pm »

Well yeah. I know they get names from dwarves, but not from me....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.