Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paralyzed  (Read 1241 times)

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Paralyzed
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:28:39 am »

In my world I visited a town during the night, stole all the best armour and weapons and at dawn, battled all comers before finally a husband/wife crossbow team whos two children I had killed came out of their house, crossbows blazing. I had stolen a crossbow and returned fire, blinding the wife, but I had been hit several times in my arms and legs and had to fall back. I was able to leave the town. The next night, I returned. Walking with purpose, I entered the home on my two crossbow enemies and their one remaining child. Intending not to kill them, but to humiliate them, I dropped my shield to free up my left hand to gouge the eyes of the sleeping husband. As soon as I grabbed his head; BANG.
While SLEEPING, the husband fired a bolt that in addition to blinding me, paralzyed me (I have a brown brain wound and a yellow neck wound; not sure which one paralzyed me). Anyways, I lost possession of my sword do to my paralysis and could only attack by pushing. The angry husband slowly shot me to pieces in the middle of his house. Anyways, I remember a few weeks ago some people were asking about paralysis; this is an example of it which cost my adventurer his life.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Paralyzed
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 04:01:21 pm »

Ouch. You broke your neck.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 05:15:10 pm »

Yep, those dirty sleeping crossbowmen can cost you your life.Hacking at them however, perfectly fine...

Your pride cost you your life.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 01:36:35 am »

Yes, thats a very Important lesson learned. NEVER grab enemys who are asleep.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:23:34 am »

Or grab them by their weapon or weapon-wielding arm. With a hand. This way, I think it gets harder for them to use their weapon : you can take it away form them and them attack.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 05:16:52 pm »

Sleepshooting kills more people each year than HFS

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 07:02:48 pm »

Hehehe, I can just imagine this snoring sleeping guy with a crossbow shooting your adventurer full of bolts.

snorrre... *shoots bolt in neck* snorrree... *shoots bolt in arm* roll over... snorrre... *shoots bolt in upper body*.

I wonder how he reloaded though, winding a crank and replacing a bolt in your sleep seems pretty unlikely.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 07:03:46 pm »

Crossbow with a chaingun-like belt.
Brilliance is golden, and blood is red.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 01:19:17 pm »

The brain is probably what paralyzed you this time, since even managled necks just seem to cause bleeding and winding. However, through my dwarven science, I've found that severing the lower or upper spine will in fact paralyze any part below the severing point.

Ie, if you get hit in the upper spine then you are what we call "le fucked."