Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I find this rather creepy.  (Read 2778 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I find this rather creepy.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 12:19:40 pm »

I think Dorfl was able to ignore the lightning strikes because he was a golem, not because he was protected by his disbelief...
Yeeeess...   Thus the reference to 'his' kind.

c.f. the Ephebian philosophers.  As encountered in Small Gods.  Atheiests to a man.  They don't believe in any gods.  Well, except for those that make fairly obvious signs that they might manifest themselves if certain exceptions aren't made. ;)

(See what you mean about Albert, OP of this sub-thread, but I wouldn't have put it the same way you did.)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 01:07:35 pm »

Anyway, it would be nice if heroes with enough kills would gain mythical status and become worshiped after their death.
I don't think it should be tied to the number of kills, actually. Killing could certainly be a huge part of it, but you'd have to go about killing so many critters it significantly affects the world. And then you would be remembered as the Saviour of Humanity because you destroyed all the non-human creatures and brought about the Age of Fairy Tales, not because you destroyed amount X of creature Y. I'm not sure what the mechanical difference should be, but there should be one. Maybe the Ages would be a pretty good way of keeping track of whether you are considered divine or just a legendary hero.

I'm thinking philosophers should also be able to gather a cult following, possibly becoming a major religion with enought time.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 01:15:16 pm »

I'm thinking philosophers should also be able to gather a cult following, possibly becoming a major religion with enought time.

I can see that... especially if the culture and the philosopher's levels determined whether he was a Confucious (smart guy), Budha (supremely enlightened human) or Christ (godhead)
Pages: 1 2 [3]