Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ledgandary celebrations?  (Read 612 times)

Anticipation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ledgandary celebrations?
« on: July 05, 2009, 08:02:08 pm »

Right now nothing happens when a dwarf becomes ledgandary, infact alot of the time I don't notice for a season or two. Maybe something should happen when Urist McCraftdwarf finally makes his ten zillionth rock mug? I'm thinking along the lines of atleast an announcement but we could make things more fun and get the now ledgandry dwarf to make some kind of mini-artifact or have him throw a party (although both of those would mean that the now ledgandary dwarf has stopped working for a little while). Is becoming ledgandy recorded on engravings and the such?
Reality is like a wasps nest, stay away and you won't get stung.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ledgandary celebrations?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:49:53 pm »

I'd like this, especially the announcement part. We get a Urist has become a legendary champion, hail Urist! Message. Why shouldn't our clockmaker get one?

Maybe an INIT option, so that we could control the experience notification. Something with an option to look at when they gain stats (maybe including when they get the hidden stat levels?), when civie skills level up (possibly past a certain level), when civie skills go legendary (or legendary +X), when martial skills go up (past or at a certain level would be nice for militia training), or legendary weapon skills (or past the max again).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Anticipation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 01:03:06 am »

This isn't a big deal. It shouldn't take more then about five minutes for Toady to put in a announcment since he already has the same thing happening for military skills.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 04:08:21 am »

The announcement when recruits hit a certain level in a skill would be nice, because my current regime puts all dwarves through wrestling until they reach professional, and then giving them crossbows so that they can sit behind fortifications without the risk of getting shot at all. Takes ages to train, and I'm screwed if goblins intervene too early, but by god does it produce some scary-arse crossbow dwarves.

Taste my *+<<*ashen bolt*>>+= you goblin ambusher!
(I stud crossbow bolts with sapphire to show my enemies quite how rich I am.)
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Anticipation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 03:11:57 am »

Why do you need to train them in wrestling if they are behind fortifications in the first place? lol

Well I'm always waiting for whatever dwarf I have in record keeping to hit ledgandary so I can trade him out. I start getting a bit OCD about it when he gets close and begin checking every couple game days.