Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nothing will attack me?  (Read 1038 times)

Vorago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nothing will attack me?
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:01:43 am »

Only my second fortress (First one... didn't end well) and currently up to a bit over 100 dwarves, figured out how to make a military, made some traps and even constructed a massive floating stone pile over my main entrance supported by a single lever attached support column

And nothing will friggin attack me, my location was Untamed Wilderness and I have a goblin civilization shown as being nearby but aside from an occassional kobold that wanders by nothing will attack, let alone lay siege  =(

I want to see a siege dangit, making nobles happy is wearing thin with my layers of death out there unused.  Am i too defended or somesuch?  Not sure what exactly is required to make goblins attack or cause nothing to attack me, any thoughts?

FrickenMoron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing will attack me?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 11:23:22 am »

check your "c" civ screen.

If no goblins have shown up yet at this point there is a good chance that they never will.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 11:44:11 am »

("good" as in "100%")  ;)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 11:50:06 am »

What's your fortress/exported wealth?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Vorago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 03:31:35 pm »

Yeah, goblin civilization on my C screen (All the civs have a blue P at the far right, no idea what those stand for.  Hopefully not 'passive')

Imported wealth 227088, exported 26380.  I always tried to minimize the trader profit not knowing it actually pissed them off so had the last couple caravans rush off in a huff leaving my 20,000 worth of obsidian crafts sitting there before I figured it out  :\  Friggin entire mountain is made of obsidian, got it coming out my ears but pissed everyone off and not able to ship it out yet

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 03:34:58 pm »

P just means that you are currently at peace with that civ.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 06:53:52 pm »

Next time the humans come to trade, open fire on them with your siege weapons or drown them. If a trade baron dies, they'll siege you. If you defend the siege, they'll sue for peace the next year.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Vorago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 07:08:07 pm »

P just means that you are currently at peace with that civ.

So I'm at... peace with the goblins?  How the heck did that happen, only time I've seen a goblin was a lone thief who got literally torn limb from limb by a wrestler (Three of his limbs ended up in 3 different places 4+ tiles away)

Any way to declare war on the goblins from afar?  =(

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 07:42:33 pm »

"Peace" for goblins just means that there arent any official documents saying "we're at war with you, yo." You'll still get sieges even if you're "peaceful" with the goblins. If you havent gotten one by now, then somethings probably wrong. Whenever I hit 80 dwarves its usually the next season I get sieged.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 11:57:42 pm »

Are golbin sieges not based on how well their kidnapping has gone? If so this might have something to do with it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 10:27:40 pm »

Make sure that civs can't speak in the RAWs, and set their activity time to all four seasons.

..You'll get some sieges. I promise.