Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: keep water from freezing  (Read 807 times)

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
keep water from freezing
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:21:43 pm »

I did a search on the forums, and didn't see anything, so maybe it is not possible.

is it possible to keep water from freezing inside, but above ground, without using magma? i thought a roof would keep water from freezing, but i was wrong. any ideas?
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: keep water from freezing
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:23:27 pm »

Magma's the only way.

If you need a source of water without magma, you'll have to find one underground or creatively collapse a few layers of ice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:33:21 pm »

If you really want you can turn off temperature in the init file.  If you do that, water won't freeze.  Or, if it's already frozen when you do that, it'll stay that way.  Until you turn temperature back on, of course.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:45:31 pm »

ah well, it was for an aqueduct project. looks like its time to turn some above ground tiles to under ground. tweak can do that without any ill effects right?
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz