Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF - real life coincidence  (Read 3083 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF - real life coincidence
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 08:57:33 am »

I think Black & White 1 actually did something where they took the weather in your area and made the in-game weather follow it if you logged on the Internet at the time.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

jryan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 08:59:04 am »

It just started raining here like 1 minute ago, and at about exactly the same time when I heard raindrops falling on the glass, DF said "It has started raining." Lol.

Dude, talk about coincidences.... I was playing DF last night and I got hit by a goblin siege... just as a goblin siege showed up on my front lawn!

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 02:29:45 pm »

Because it's totally random, so bound to happen.  To somebody.

Right - It's called confirmation bias - you don't notice (or don't think anything of) all the times that it starts raining in the game when it's sunny in reality, or vice versa.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 11:48:47 pm »

I had a nice coincidence with real life rain and Metal Gear Solid 3. It began raining with the beginning of the fight with The Sorrow, and ended with the battle. The weird thing was, it was a fairly clear day otherwise.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 10:29:24 am »

I still think the weather can be somewhat influenced by thoughts... maybe I should finally see a doctor about this.

I remember when I was young, there was a really bad month. Floodings and all. And all the kids going to my school were like "damn this weather. holidays start tomorrow, and it's raining". The day the holidays started it was sunny, best weather in a long time, it lasted exactly one day before the heavy rain started again.

Next thing: every year we have a party down at the danube, with hundreds of thousands of visitors. Last year this was delayed for 3 months, until autumn, because of the european soccer championship. So that party was in the middle of september, and at that point we usually have 15 °C here. And that's what it looked like. Cold autumn weather. Coincidentially, the days during the party were among the hottest of the year. I think one of them even was the hottest.

And last but not least, the wonderful story about woodstock  ;D Half a million people chanting "we want no rain", and whoever was there, saw the pictures or watched the video knows what happened then...

Several days of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:31:12 am by Puck »

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 11:50:06 am »

Wow, strange thing, just as I dug into a magma pipe (Accidently, didn't see "WARM STONE LOCATED") magma burst through my window, ruining my house.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!
Pages: 1 2 [3]