Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: X3 Terran Conflict  (Read 100300 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: X3 Terran Conflict
« Reply #345 on: January 10, 2017, 08:53:55 am »

That sounds like an issue which could be mostly solved with a trading station. Set up one of the trading stations with internal docking (Either Argon or Teladi. I believe the others just have docking arms, no internal bay). Set the complex not to allow the AI to dock, and set up a CLS system to move the output of the complex to the trading station.

Try to set up the trading station close to one of the gates, shorter turnaround time favours everyone.

If you're finding that doesn't do enough, try an equipment dock.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:56:06 am by Burnt Pies »
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 10, 2017, 10:07:51 am »

That sounds like it makes sense. Gonna try that, thanks.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mailo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 10, 2017, 06:23:41 pm »

I haven't played in a while, but there was a mod that replaced the standard complex docking point with one that had internal docking. That helped immensely, and was way cheaper than the trading station.
Trading or equipment stations have way more style though.

Edit: Found it. Link on the last page.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:26:00 pm by Mailo »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2017, 07:24:59 pm »

Playing X:Rebirth with a generous suite of mods and finding it ok. I never had an issue with being stuck in one M6 for the entire game as in X3 Reunion, Terran Conflict, and Albion Prelude I never left my Springblossom and/or my Hyperion (generously donated by the Paranid). I'm trying the campaign now and while station hunting for contraband is the most solid early game income I found with Yet Another Trader performing MORT trading (I still have a copy of the X3 players handbook around here somewhere) is very nostalgic while you are in autopilot.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2017, 07:40:07 am »

What really surprises me is how little drain this game puts on my laptop's heat sinks. When I play Space Engineers, or Elite, or a lot of oter games, my laptop gets pretty warm. Not that it overheats, but it gets pretty close. However with X3, with decent graphics settings, the fan doesn't even dial up, and it's barely warm. How do they manage that?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2017, 11:03:29 am »

What really surprises me is how little drain this game puts on my laptop's heat sinks. When I play Space Engineers, or Elite, or a lot of oter games, my laptop gets pretty warm. Not that it overheats, but it gets pretty close. However with X3, with decent graphics settings, the fan doesn't even dial up, and it's barely warm. How do they manage that?

For X3, I think I remember once reading it's because, graphics-wise, the game isn't so taxing but most of the strain is on the processor to track the entire galaxy including trade ships, military patrols, military reaction, station stats, race ai, etc. Even more so if you're a habitual SETA user. Keep it down to x6 levels and you're alright. Go x10 if you want to shut the AI down and have things crash into each other.

I find myself enjoying X Rebirth......but its like one of those things you liked as a kid: you can still enjoy it but you find yourself drawn to other things while playing it.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]