Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: is this actually possible?  (Read 1185 times)

Wood Gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
is this actually possible?
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:15:59 am »

i can't remember now, are potash and pearlash bars, blocks or gunk in barrels.  i thought they were bars, but i know i'm doing something wrong.

i tried:
[PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:POTASH]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:PEARLASH]
if the end product was a metal, it would read METAL instead of NONE. 

at first i thought the game was ignoring these lines completely, until i noticed that i have 20 "bars" in my inventory.  okay... can i fix this somehow?  i suppose i need a name to replace the NONE, or remove it completely, but which?
cause of unexplainable mischief

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: is this actually possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:43:57 am »

[PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:POTASH:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:PEARLASH:NONE]

See the wiki's Material tokens page for which materials have varieties and which don't, since it's not always guessable.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Wood Gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: is this actually possible?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 12:42:37 pm »

thanks for the help!  the funny thing about those "bars" is that they seem to be see-thru.  i used them to build some walls on the surface, and the ones on grass tiles are green, the ones on loam are brown and the ones on quartzite are white.  it's a cool effect, maybe i'll make more later  :D
cause of unexplainable mischief