Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it safe to do this?  (Read 862 times)

Gamermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it safe to do this?
« on: July 03, 2009, 06:32:09 pm »

Mod humans and dwarfs so that in adventure mode they usually will join you upon asking them(I did this to elves via editing their personality , but I don't like having the tree-huggers in my group at all.)

Is this safe (By this I mean: It won't damage fortress mode in any way)  ???

Gothmog

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands item in bedroom
    • View Profile
Re: Is it safe to do this?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 08:40:17 pm »

Changing the personality of humans and elves shouldn't do much damage, if any, because it doesn't really matter weather you human trade liaison is grumpy or stupid or what not.

Dwarves on the other hand... a dwarf's personality does influence various reactions on things in fortress mode, mainly if they have "Doesn't care about anything anymore" and the like, but the "natural" personality probably influences them as well.

So I guess if you mod dwarves to be easy-to-anger, battle-loving and brutal creatures by default then you are in for some fun as soon as someones pet cat dies in a cave in, fistfights galore.

But yeah, I don't know what you did to them, but extreme changes might actually somehow show through in fortress mode, so beware.... and post results while you are at it  ;D

EDIT: I just remembered, "prefers to be alone" dwarves will often be seen alone in their quarters and "dislikes intellectual discussion" guys level social skills slower. It was also mentioned that Morul can't become a legendary liar because he doesn't possess the necessary liar-ish personality. So yeah, it does matter.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:48:15 pm by Gothmog »

Gamermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is it safe to do this?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 11:02:46 am »

The only thing I really do to their personality is make them more adventurous.