Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Use BROKENBROKENBROKEN to BROKEN (etc) (d12)  (Read 524 times)

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Use BROKENBROKENBROKEN to BROKEN (etc) (d12)
« on: July 26, 2009, 04:57:36 pm »

I've been playing .40d12, but I've noticed that sometimes my keyboard keys aren't being registered properly. For example, when I add a lowercase character to the key bindings, it's read as "Shift+(character)" as opposed to just "(character)". Not only that, I hit ? by accident and came up with a decidedly broken help screen.

I'm not sure if these two problems are related. I have modded the the game, but only the creature raws, so I don't think that's the issue.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Use BROKENBROKENBROKEN to BROKEN (etc) (d12)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 11:26:42 pm »

This was a very known issue in 40d12 and I think it was fixed in 40d13.

A lot of the 40d# versions are a crapshoot. Depending on your computer, they can be extra-fast, twice as slow, full of weird problems that nobody else gets, or full of problems like this that everyone else gets (40d10 through 40d12 had a lot of keyboard issues, I recall).

I use 40d9 myself, and it's faster than any version I've yet tried (which excludes 40d13 and a couple others), and I haven't found any specific problems yet. The last truly stable version was 40d, the one linked to on the main website, mind you.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:40:44 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.