Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: keep equipment worn by corpses until they rot (or...)  (Read 889 times)

derigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
keep equipment worn by corpses until they rot (or...)
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:45:20 am »

The massive piles of rubbish that accumulate after even a relatively small attack are both irritating and silly.  Why do all of a goblin's clothes fall off when he's strangled to death?  This could be handled either by keeping equipment worn by the corpse until it rots, or by adding an injury state like "freshly dead" where the corpse is still treated like a living creature, so all of its possessions are still attached.  This state could last a month or so.  Go a step farther and add a "freshly dead" subcategory to refuse piles, and you can all of the sudden make mass graves, post battle. 

I'm sure similar ideas have been submitted, the most recent one i saw when i searched was posted over a year ago however. 

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: keep equipment worn by corpses until they rot (or...)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 03:31:43 am »

Corpses as containers was talked about pretty extensively. It had additional perks like burial in equipment, mummification etc

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: keep equipment worn by corpses until they rot (or...)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 08:45:29 am »

I've taken to just constructing a bridge and designating a dump near the killing field and atom smashing the trash between attacks. No free goblin iron for me.
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.