Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So whats your longest run of sucky artifacts?  (Read 1518 times)

SwiftAusterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So whats your longest run of sucky artifacts?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 03:30:59 pm »

My current fort has a string of entirely frustrating and sucky moods.

Every single mood of 10 so far has involved "shell". There has only been "shell" for 3 of the 10 moods, so 7 of 10 are still insane or dead :(

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 03:58:42 pm »

On my current fort I haven't had any furniture yet.  Ah well, I still have my artifact iron greaves (thanks for taking the only iron bar in a stockpile full of steel bars, idiot armoursmith).

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 04:32:49 pm »

My current fort has a string of entirely frustrating and sucky moods.

Every single mood of 10 so far has involved "shell". There has only been "shell" for 3 of the 10 moods, so 7 of 10 are still insane or dead :(

Actually all of my fey insanities (I think 3 or 4 in 15 years I think, all within the first 5) have been from lack of shell, and most of my artifacts include it in some way  :-\

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 05:43:27 pm »

In 16.25 years and 38 artifacts, I actually have quite a few useful artifacts in my current fort. At least half of them are useful in some way or another, and all but two of those are furniture.

My first artifact was a Uranium Warhammer, created by a weaponsmith from my first migrant wave in the first autumn. Said legendary weaponsmith was eaten by an arcane dragon in the first winter. Goddamn senseless acts of modding.

Of all my artifacts, I've had 18 completely useless items, a barrel, the hammer, and 18 buildable furniture. I've almost a complete set of artifact furniture for my king, actually; all I'm missing is a chest, a bucket (to use with my artifact turtle shell chain to create an artifact well), a coffin, a floodgate, a grate, and a hatch cover. Maybe a corkscrew to build an artifact screw pump with.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 05:47:18 pm »

Five possessed dwarves made five talc crafts with no other ingredients. Seriously they each only had one ingredient and it was Talc

I think the closest thing I've ever had to a uranium hammer is a pitchblende floodgate

SwiftAusterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 01:07:18 pm »

I just got an electrum animal trap. (not cage, animal trap)

I have one ranger with nothing but trapping set and a recurring "trap living animal" on one of the kennels. I'm gonna get some dang use out of the thing. It's worth over 100k >.>
Pages: 1 [2]