Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whoops - tile editing  (Read 597 times)

PlaidMage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Whoops - tile editing
« on: June 27, 2009, 10:37:52 pm »

I edited (with Gibbed's Tweak utility) some tiles I'd bricked over to be inside, dark, and subterranean, and now for some reason the temperature in each of the tiles is dropping to a level where it kills any dwarf who walks there. I tried to use the utility to change the temperature, but it doesn't take. What have I done wrong and how can I fix it?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops - tile editing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 10:49:09 pm »

That would be a bug.  Certain versions will by default assume you want the tile that you edit to have its temp dropped to a temperature far below absolute zero.  I'm not too sure as to how to fix it, as I never did myself.  Try slipping magma in the tile, or pouring it over the tile.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Lonewolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Feral Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 07:18:51 am »

There are two fields for temperature. One is always 0 (I think), the other one is mostly about 10000. If you set both of them to something like 10015 (set the lower temperature field FIRST, after the lower field set the field above it to the same value), it seems to work correctly.
Also, this bug works as a great freeze trap.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:20:29 am by Lonewolf »

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 07:43:40 am »

I've used this to make sure that nothing survives a 3 z-level drop when I don't feel like having the bottom of a pit be at the bottom of the map.