Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new , have some questions  (Read 690 times)

theRH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
new , have some questions
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:12:06 pm »

Hey first of thegame is great I love the amount of history the game has in every new world . I have some questions , when you do world gen how do you go past 200 years ?? also is there anyway to locate certain people faster in legends ? I will hear about some guy and want to read what he has done but it takes me literally hours to find him ??

also in adventure mode do we have all the same abilities as ai ?? can we get married , move into houses , have children and start entities ?

heres a quick story of my first experience , I went out into the wild and there was this lady so I killed her just to figure out combat engine . anyway I continue on and some guy named gisu appears and starts shouting at me about all these elves hes killed yada yada yada prepare to die . so he charges at  me and I throw my spear directly in to his head killing him instantly . then immediately after a wolf rips bth my eyes out and mangles my throat and I die ,

anyway I look up this gisu guy , apparently he had about 60 elf kills in some huge human / elf war 180 years ago . the lady I killed was in same religion as him.

thanks in advance

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: new , have some questions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 02:16:12 pm »

2. There is a search function in legends.
3. No. Adventure mode is largely unfinished. You can only kill things, trade and take quests.

I dont know how to make it longer.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

theRH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 02:23:34 pm »

what button do i press to access the search ? thanks for reply

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:36:39 pm »

f for filter for string.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

theRH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 04:53:02 am »

thanks man

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 10:57:38 am »

You can change the world gen by going into the custom world generation menu. The reason most worlds start at 200 is because 200 is the minimum year that you can begin playing the world, so even if the necessary requirements to begin playing (such as killed megabeasts; I'm not sure what all of them are) are finished by 180, the game continues running world generation until the minimum year 200. You could set it to whatever you wanted though; I know some people like to run 10,000 year gens to create very politically complex worlds.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 08:43:44 pm »

You can change the world gen by going into the custom world generation menu. The reason most worlds start at 200 is because 200 is the minimum year that you can begin playing the world, so even if the necessary requirements to begin playing (such as killed megabeasts; I'm not sure what all of them are) are finished by 180, the game continues running world generation until the minimum year 200. You could set it to whatever you wanted though; I know some people like to run 10,000 year gens to create very politically complex worlds.
No.
Year 200 is the year it begins checking megabeast percentages, and if it exceeds 80% dead, it ends worldgen.
That's IT.
Otherwise, it'd generate to 1050 just fine like old times, or you could even set it to end at year 1 if you want.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 10:51:41 pm »

Jaybud, I don't mean to be a tool here but that's exactly what I said. Year 200 is the first year it could potentially stop world generation.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.