Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human guild rep is comatose  (Read 853 times)

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
Human guild rep is comatose
« on: June 29, 2009, 12:32:38 am »

Not long after the human traders arrived, I had a siege. Once the siege was over, my dwarves resumed bringing stuff to the depot and my mayor/trader made a trade. After that, since she had no other labors enabled, she went to conduct a meeting with the human guild representative.

She is now sitting in her office. Where is the human guild rep? He's standing just outside the fortress entrance with a stupid look on his face (I'm guessing), doing absolutely nothing. Normally the guild rep follows the trader around incessantly, but this time that didn't happen.

What gives? Is there any way I can wake this guy up so I don't end up having him leaving without a meeting or at least not telling his people what to bring next summer?

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human guild rep is comatose
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 12:37:00 am »

Why is he just sitting there?

Is he injured, and maybe passing out due to pain?

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:31:59 am »

Did you fuck around with a dwarves stay inside order? Try toggling the command of and on a few times. I'm not sure but it doesn't hurt to try ;)
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

SwiftAusterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:25:42 am »

My last fort had a merchant that became unconscious in the first year and stumbled around the entire map for 4 more years until he finally stumbled into a trap and woke up after I released him from the trap. He immediately went nuts, attacked a cat and got killed by some war dogs.

AngryToad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:22:23 am »

He might have gone mad due to the fact you haven't payed attention to him.

I'm pretty sure the traders eventually do that.

SwiftAusterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 11:53:58 am »

I couldn't pay attention to him. The dwarves happily did stuff AROUND the guy, but he literally stumbled (somehow, while asleep) across the entire map for years without injury or waking up until he ?lucked? into the one functioning cage trap near my entrance.

I wanted to get the guy off the map the entire time. I just couldn't get the dwarves to do anything about him >.>

taf_esra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 12:23:27 pm »

Did the humans send a caravan to you? You should have ransomed traded the diplomat for some goods

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 04:16:20 pm »

The humans did send a caravan. I did also muck with the dwarves inside/outside order due to the siege. I'll change it a few times and see what happens the next time I have a chance.

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 09:51:39 pm »

No dice. I tried changing the inside/outside orders around, and even tried saving with it in the inside state and then turing outside access back on. The stupid guild rep is still standing there like an idiot while the mayor is waiting patiently in her office.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 12:22:45 am »

did i mention cave-in?
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 09:27:24 am »

The problem seems to have fixed itself with time. The guild rep eventually moved to the meeting area and did nothing there for a while, then a few more odd places like it, all while my mayor/trader was trying to meet with him in her office. Eventually the human caravan left, and that seemed to turn the idiot's brain back on. He has now met with my mayor successfully.

This wasn't the first indication he might have some problems, anyway. Earlier before the siege, he just sat at the edge of the map for a bit before finally pathing his way to the fortress. No wounds or anything like that; it's just like he wasn't "home".