Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: On the Nature of Death  (Read 4223 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: On the Nature of Death
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 06:38:25 am »

"The only thing to fear, is fear itself."
I thought that quote was more to do with consumer confidence than death.

I've had this discussion before, possibly with you but you're crazy. I hope to never ever die, ever.
And yet it's inevitable.  There's no more point in an infinite life than a finite one.  Yeah, living 2 or 3 thousand years would be fun, but life would start to devalue after that.  Infinite life has other problems - what do you do once the earth has collapsed?  Once the sun has exploded?  Once the universe is ending?  Heck, you can't have never thought "I'll be dead by then so it won't matter" (mainly on issues like climate change, overpopulation, deadly meteorite strikes etc).

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 06:43:36 am »

"The only thing to fear, is fear itself."
I thought that quote was more to do with consumer confidence than death.
No idea.

Would you rather "I fear nothing, but fear itself."?

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 06:55:38 am »

I've had this discussion before, possibly with you but you're crazy. I hope to never ever die, ever.
And yet it's inevitable.  There's no more point in an infinite life than a finite one.  Yeah, living 2 or 3 thousand years would be fun, but life would start to devalue after that.  Infinite life has other problems - what do you do once the earth has collapsed?  Once the sun has exploded?  Once the universe is ending?  Heck, you can't have never thought "I'll be dead by then so it won't matter" (mainly on issues like climate change, overpopulation, deadly meteorite strikes etc).
I don't really care about any of that, if the two options are death or being the last living thing on a cold dead earth I'll take the latter.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.
Pages: 1 2 [3]