Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nåzomdîshmab Gomathgeshund Limul, my first megaproject.  (Read 1065 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Nåzomdîshmab Gomathgeshund Limul, my first megaproject.
« on: June 24, 2009, 03:16:05 pm »

Witness, if you will, my first megaproject/fortress, Dreamramparts!
The whole top is floored, thus boxing the whole thing in. The all-encompassing wall slices through the cliff face, but not all the way through. Since I have't built my fortress yet, the wall doesn't go underground. The entry "hole" in the middle is 7 z-levels high, 7 tiles wide (walls not included) and 20 tiles long with a 1 z-level, 3 tile wide port at the end. The whole wall surrounding the fort is 14 z-levels high plus one "basement" wall level at the bottom, 85 tiles wide and 121 tiles long. thus 1 z-level will encompass 10285 tiles, and the full 15 z-levels encompass 154275 tiles.  After this, I'm gonna build the rest of my fort and proceed to paving the sky and have a space elevator. Oh, and did I mention that the whole thing is made out of gold?

The pics have been scaled down, sorry. Nothing I can do. Made with Dwarf fortress, Rendered with 3Dwarf Visualizer. All rights reserved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nåzomdîshmab Gomathgeshund Limul, my first megaproject.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 03:32:53 pm »

Impressive...

Now seal of the fort and flood the entire map with magma, and with flooding, you box should be SUBMERGED in magma. Be sure to make it self-sufficient before flooding the world though.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:46:15 pm »

If you use alt-printscreen, you can just take a snapshot of the current window instead of your whole screen.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:50:22 pm »

If you use alt-printscreen, you can just take a snapshot of the current window instead of your whole screen.

Or you just crop the screenshot in Paint, save, and then upload.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:30 pm »

Impressive...

Now seal of the fort and flood the entire map with magma, and with flooding, you box should be SUBMERGED in magma. Be sure to make it self-sufficient before flooding the world though.
I'd love to fdo that, but I don't have magma.  :'(

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 03:56:12 pm »

Its like a super dwarfy version of mecca, only with copious ammount of awesome and epic :o
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 12:32:42 am »

Wow! Haha, awesome! Now I wanna try something like this as well!
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 12:39:54 am »

What am I even looking at here???

I'm confused as to what is going on but that's probably because it's so damn big.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 04:54:06 am »

A big box with a road going through?

Rectangles are ugly. Circles FTW. Does it have a self-powered waterfall coming off the top? That'd be a good addition. Also a ledge for throwing goblin POWs from. Hopefully into the waterfall, so their blood stains the water a pleasing crimson.