Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An ambush! Curse them! ....Horses?  (Read 979 times)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
An ambush! Curse them! ....Horses?
« on: June 20, 2009, 05:33:46 am »

So in the current game Im playing, the dwarves are at war with the elves. Every spring starting the third year I get ambushed by them. However this year something strange has happened. Instead of being ambushed by elves I've been ambushed by horses....just horses...
No elf in sight.

See?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyone else ever have this happen?

Edit: Never mind... the elves were still on the horses they just hadnt been revealed yet... weird.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 05:39:03 am by Tcei »
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
Re: An ambush! Curse them! ....Horses?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 05:59:53 am »

Shouldn't this be marked as a bug? Anyway, interesting find.
They started to collide~

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:04:36 am »

Elven sieges are always stealthed. So I think this is a feature rather than a bug. Then again, see sig.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 06:50:11 am »

So, thay stealthily drove their horses, but forgot to stealth the horses too? Sounds more like something dwarves might do...

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 08:37:56 am »

Actualy the horses were stealthed too.  Just that rather than both be revealed at the same moment, it went horses, then a second later the elves would be revealed riding them. I think I had about 10 ambush messages (5 squads total of horses and elves.).

I was kinda disappointed when the elves showed up, I was looking forward to being attacked by nothing but horses. Overall it was an interesting fight. Once I closed the inner gate leading down into the fortress the entire group just kinda stood around and did nothing, they didnt even attack my champions unless they were attacked first. The whole fight lasted about 10 minutes, and by the end of it my champions were starving, dehydrated, and overexerted. Definitely gonna rework some of the defenses after this and recruit more soldiers.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 10:48:53 am »

The same thing happened to me, only the first squad was never revealed, I just had my champion beat up a bunch of horses.