Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Catsplosions and You: Why elves hate progress.  (Read 781 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Catsplosions and You: Why elves hate progress.
« on: July 11, 2009, 07:42:17 am »

As the computing power of the machines we play DF on gets more powerful, we will feel the effects of catsplosions less and less until having 100 cats in your fortress will be almost standard. The vile elven plot to bring us to our knees is ultimately doomed!

As it stands, I'm scared to even let more than two cats out of their cages, and any time anything gives birth it goes straight into the cage with the others. Cats spend their entire lives from birth to death in little wooden cages because I'm too scared to let them out to be butchered :D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catsplosions and You: Why elves hate progress.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 12:20:06 pm »

Shouldn't this be in general discussion or dwarf mode?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 06:55:55 pm »

For some reason catplosions never bothered me, I just eat them and problem solved.

Even if I dont eat them, they keep dying. From goblins, water, traps, waterfalls, etc.

Waterfalls are your solution by the way, found that out by accident in my last fort. Make a path over which water runs, not so much water that dwarves wash off, by enough for small animals. Kills off just about every pet in your fort within minites... and the occasional baby.

Still, why is this in this section? And why DO elves hate progress? Frankly I find this topic disappointing :P
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:42:54 am »

Sorry... this should be dwarf mode. I must've clicked the wrong section when posting.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.