Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mini graphics set?  (Read 983 times)

bokbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mini graphics set?
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:50:19 am »

Well, smallish, anyway. I was stuffing around, thought it would be nice to have the more specific jobs at a glance while I was using a smaller tileset than 16x16, had a crack at it and got a little carried away.
They're kind of silly and Lego-figure-y, but they've grown on me. So now I have a bunch of jobs done, though I've neglected the military because all my attempts to differentiate them looked utterly horrid.

I wanted this to go with a 10x10 tileset, but since I left a pixel of leeway at the top to give them their proper dwarfy stature, the only ones which require any tweaking to fit into a 9x9 grid are the miner, weaver, and fishery worker.

Any comments and suggestions would be welcome :)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Mini graphics set?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:16:28 am »

"My brothers, join me as we embark on Eyemurders, the Small Artifice."

Looks great when zoomed in, but from a higher zoom level looks like little bloches. Great for seeing an entire 4x4 embark area at once, but when that kobold thief gets detected you will have to check the U screen and zoom from there.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 05:21:11 pm »

Well, I think it's gorgeous! I've always wanted to play a mega-grid with little sprites...

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:24:39 pm »

These look very nice. It's amazing what one can accomplish with just a few pixels.

bokbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 01:33:46 am »

Thanks for the responses! :) I hadn't done more on them since I posted (short attention span? maybe...) but now I had another crack at it, whipped up a possible starting point for the military...

It's not much, for now, but I have a few more ideas. :)