Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How frequently should the dwarven d-awards be decided?

Biweekly
- 9 (20.5%)
Montly
- 18 (40.9%)
Weekly
- 17 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The (Dwarven) Darwin Awards: Make your nominations!  (Read 3792 times)

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
Re: The (Dwarven) Darwin Awards
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 06:05:41 pm »

I had a tantrumming dwarf destroy the bridge he was standing on.

Over magma.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 08:39:27 pm »

Two words:
Sock Lemmings.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 09:05:39 pm »

This just happened...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note to self:  Floor first.  Then walls.

Side note:  Props to the guy who posted the German translation in the Nascent Mod thread.  I love how the names (see "Dietrich" above) actually work properly.  Even better, I've only actually seen them used as first names.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 05:49:14 am »

I like to think he was running to save his own skin and selfishly left his friend behind, but he was probably just going to get a drink.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 10:44:18 am »

This is partly my fault...but then again, they didn't have to eat there!
(BTW, if you have a detailed writeup try and add a title-adds to the humor)

How to Serve Dwarf Spider:

In a LL mod map, it turned out there were at least 6 GIANT shadow spiders revealed in the first spring. Now, three of them set up shop...directly above and to the right of my wagon. At first, since they weren't directly on top of my wagon, I ignored them-they ignored the cat that found them, so I assumed they would ignore my dwarves. And they did, for a short time. Then they got hungry. Right as my dwarves did. With all 7 dwarves on the wagon, it must haved seemed to the hungry arachnids that they were being served a meal on a plate. They made straight for the wagon. The dwarves, realizing their situation, scrammed, keeping in mind the ageless advice "You don't have to outrun the giant spider: you just have to outrun the other guy". With the loss of a carpeneter and a furncae operator, the spiders appeared to be sated, and i immediately ordered my dwarves to move all food to a stockpile i had set up inside the entrance. Do they realize the urgency of this task? No. Instead...with all the brilliance of a brain dead elf-goblin halfbreed, they conclude it would be safer to continue eating, right back at the wagon...right under the three giant shadow spiders. The shadow spiders, naturally, took them up on the invitation for dinner, and happily ate them, their chickens, the cats, and the last of the pack animals after a short chase. Now i know why those seven were sent from the mountain homes-they weren't just the most disposable, they needed to be disposed of before they killed everybody in the fort!

Edit: The poll will run for one week, then I will close it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 03:28:51 pm by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: The (Dwarven) Darwin Awards: Make your nominations!
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 07:38:35 pm »

I don't have a story, but I feel it is necessary for you guys to know that you can stop a dwarf from building on a certain side by designating a wall to be built there and suspending it.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The (Dwarven) Darwin Awards: Make your nominations!
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 10:11:07 pm »

I don't have a story, but I feel it is necessary for you guys to know that you can stop a dwarf from building on a certain side by designating a wall to be built there and suspending it.
You sir will become the new god of my masons. They will build statues in your honour. Prior to this information, a dwarf is trapped behind the wall of a mature fort, I generally check their relationships. Unless they have a family, close friends or a great deal of experience, they generally stay where they are as an example.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.
Pages: 1 2 [3]