Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 23a tilechanging tools  (Read 864 times)

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
23a tilechanging tools
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:37:06 pm »

the links on the archived utilities page on df wiki are dead, does anyone have a working version of the granite.exe or ore.exe, i need them to get rid of fucking ore/gem tiles right in the middle of vital areas to be fortificated at a later date  >:(

and to head off some inevitable posts at the pass:

this is 23a so no, i cant build fortifications or walls from scratch, can only be done from smoothed stone walls

no i wont update to a later version

i made the word fortificated up myself, you probably wont find it in a dictionary

thanks for the help 0x517A5D you are one of the few people on this forum who have copies of all the old tools
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Re: 23a tilechanging tools
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 03:33:12 am »

shameless self bump, i REALLY want to make this fortress work.

even if i did kill two of my own dwarves in stupid ways  ::)
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:04:53 am »

I might still have those old 23a tools floating around on my drive.  I'll have to look for 'em.  I'm tired now, though, so don't expect me to do anything for the next, oh, 8-16 hours, depending on sleep duration and how tomorrow pans out &c.

UPDATE:
Found 'em!  See here for details.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:03:59 pm by Earthquake Damage »

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 11:40:54 pm »

a legend is you

EDIT: i dont know whether this is a bug or intended feature but granite.exe doesnt replace tiles with granite, it simply rewalls it from the type  of stone it originally was, as in, a rough schist floor becomes a rough schist wall

this is actually much more handy, stone farming tiem!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 02:25:25 am by LordBaxter »