Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchants from hell (literally)  (Read 1209 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
Merchants from hell (literally)
« on: June 14, 2009, 06:14:24 pm »

I've been working on a mod, I go start playing, and after about a year a Trade Caravan of Demons come, and I remember the  Can_Speak tag I gave them, so i think I'll fix this later, but now I'll build a trade depot... Five minutes Later Bed destroyed by Aslot Aslotrusmo Demon merchant. All my beds, doors, workshops, and Floors, were destroyed. So after they finish breaking everything, they go to the Depot, to "Trade", then they smashed the Trade depot, and left. This was all caused by the Destroy buildings 2 tag, also is there a way to make them speak in adventure mode, so they give quests, and not send trade caravans?
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants from hell (literally)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 06:28:01 pm »

Tree Brother, it is inappropriate to talk about HFS without putting a spoiler warning. :(

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 06:34:04 pm »

Custom demons has nothing to do with HFS, and one of the merchants could leave the map when berserk and i send every one to kill it 18 were killed.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:52:40 pm »

give them the baby snatcher tag-they won't send caravans, but will send thieves.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 07:14:23 pm »

They already have BabySnatcher and i need them to be a bit weaker because the one that killed 18 was unarmed.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 08:31:50 pm »

Creatures with "building destroyer" will seek and destroy buildings unless they are members of your current fort.  This includes other members of your civilization, if they arrive in trade caravans.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 09:02:02 pm »

And sometimes even if they are members-see so-called "tame" cave crocs.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Eris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 09:23:54 pm »

Five minutes Later Bed destroyed by Aslot Aslotrusmo Demon merchant. All my beds, doors, workshops, and Floors, were destroyed. So after they finish breaking everything, they go to the Depot, to "Trade", then they smashed the Trade depot, and left.
I thought this sounded like fun. If it were me, I'd be grateful this much fun happened after only 1 year of building, and not 5 or 10.

But I guess I can see where you might want to tone down the fun somewhat. :)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 09:34:36 pm »

I found the problem they were size 30, now they are 16, and i took away can_speak so no demon quests.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 10:07:02 pm »

Haha this is the merchant world's punishment for magma powered depots.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.