Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Realistic (not eye burning) microline color. MUST HAVE!  (Read 1868 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic (not eye burning) microline color. MUST HAVE!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 04:44:24 pm »

Tested: That makes the entire thing darker.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:10:25 pm »

For indisputable clarification:

Top row: 370, 371, 372. Foreground cyan, background grey. Setting the third argument to zero causes the foreground to be dark, setting it to 1 or 2 gives it a uniform shade of light cyan.

Bottom row: 730, 731, 732. Same thing, except the background is cyan and the foreground is a shade of grey or white, but this was fairly obvious because the foreground and background color arguments were switched.

The wiki is correct where it says setting the foreground brightness toggler to anything other than zero is treated as 1.

The reason your microcline looks darker is because you set the cyan to be the background color, while the brightness argument only affects the foreground. Understand?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:15:20 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 10:56:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Taaaa-Daaaaaa!

Just plop this in your init file as to replace the color information at the bottom, and you have a winner.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 [2]