Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting DF dream  (Read 2268 times)

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Interesting DF dream
« on: July 21, 2009, 05:01:44 pm »

Ok, so i had a blatantly DF based dream the other day. It went like this:
I had my fortress all dug out and built already, for some reason it had uncovered magma channels running through parts of it. Then i built this free-floating machine which was basically a huge vat of magma with a nozzle on the bottom. I had the machine floated over the place where my magma channels originated and dumped extra magma on top of it, so it overflowed. Then a tiny dwarf (about a third the size of a regular dwarf) wearing a cool metal/fire imp leather diving suit thing shows up in a tiny metal speedboat thing and kinda pulls the overflowing magma in a particular direction while riding on top of it. So the little mini-dwarf and the magma make a beeline towards a particular dwarf. The best part? The target dwarf is purple.

I had a dream about DF noble removal. Wow.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting DF dream
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:07:58 pm »

I... Wow, haha.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:12:43 pm »

I had my fortress all dug out and built already, for some reason it had uncovered magma channels running through parts of it. Then i built this free-floating machine which was basically a huge vat of magma with a nozzle on the bottom. I had the machine floated over the place where my magma channels originated and dumped extra magma on top of it, so it overflowed. Then a tiny dwarf (about a third the size of a regular dwarf) wearing a cool metal/fire imp leather diving suit thing shows up in a tiny metal speedboat thing and kinda pulls the overflowing magma in a particular direction while riding on top of it. So the little mini-dwarf and the magma make a beeline towards a particular dwarf. The best part? The target dwarf is purple.

This is needs to be done in DFPaint.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 02:40:04 am »

This is needs to be done in DFPaint.

this.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 10:42:10 am »

think that's bad? I imagine DF while making love

(No I don't, seriously. I'm just joking, you perverts)
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 04:50:52 pm »

Really?
So what ASCII character are you making love with?
probably a / scepter. ;)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 08:14:02 pm »

Just one piece of sweet, sweet ASCII goodness? You think too small. Now, where di I put that anvil.

Silly question. We all know where I put the anvil...
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 08:39:52 pm »

have you considered taking a break??  Just curious, cause if I dream about anything like that it's time to cut bait and find a new hoppy for a couple months...
Demon of Darkness

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 09:23:42 pm »

have you considered taking a break??  Just curious, cause if I dream about anything like that it's time to cut bait and find a new hoppy for a couple months...

And that is why you will never be the pope.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 09:31:30 pm »

On a related topic, has anyone else after a particularly long DF binge actually dreamed in ASCII format?  I know I've had at least one such dream.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 11:21:20 pm »

That's the funny thing, i haven't playing in weeks. But the most recent time i played was after a long hiatus cuz my comp died, so that might have something to do with it. It tends to happen like that with me, i won't dream about stuff until a while after experiencing it.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.