Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dwarf meat roast  (Read 1699 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: dwarf meat roast
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 07:01:03 pm »

I am sure, they say dwarf in everything about them. The tags I added to dwarves after I genned the world are [SPEED:0] and [FIREIMMUNE]  [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]

I also had added a potpourri of tags from the SoF but that was after I genned the world and I took them out before this embark. They were causing dwarves not to wake up.

Speed 0 seems like a mistake: I know that speed is roughly "ticks between actions", 0 isn't a good number for that. Having a 0 there might well cause offset errors in flags somewhere, hidden divide-by-zero errors, and things like that. Use speed:1 instead.

Did you even read the wiki article on speed?

It says a creature can move every (Raw Speed/100+1) turns. 0/100 is zero, so a creature with 0 raw speed can move once every turn (as opposed to creatures with the default of 900 speed, which can move once every ten turns). Setting the raw speed to zero will make them move ten times as fast as most creatures, but aside from that it shouldn't screw up the game in an unrelated way like this.

EDIT: Granted, part of that wiki article implies that a creature with 0 speed would take 0 turns to perform an action, but that clearly would cause obvious problems if he's already playing like that, and later in the article it gives better equations that imply the prior paragraph. Someone should fix the article so it doesnt contradict itself.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:08:50 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.
Pages: 1 [2]