Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most Fitting Symbols  (Read 2160 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Most Fitting Symbols
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:11:20 pm »

On the item is a rendition of an image of a spirit of magma.  The image is the symbol of The Work of Prophets, a local dwarven governments.

Spirits of magma are modded creatures, identical to the other spirits we all know and love for their ability to cause FUN.
Anybody else have fitting group symbols?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Most Fitting Symbols
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:17:19 pm »

The symbol of my civilization is "The Mechanical Comedies." A dwarf.

I felt it was so fitting I created a sculpture of our nation's banner in the southern courtyard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also recently finished a tower with a smaller rendition perched atop it at the gates to welcome immigrants and traders.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:21:04 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:29:52 pm »

I felt it was so fitting I created a sculpture of our nation's banner in the southern courtyard.

I also recently finished a tower with a smaller rendition perched atop it at the gates to welcome immigrants and traders.

let me be first to say, that is frickin awesome.
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:33:32 pm »

That good sir, is the most dwarvenly thing ive seen
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 12:39:42 pm »

O.o
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 01:52:11 pm »

The Last Fortress, my current civilization, also uses the dwarf as a symbol. Actually, it's a Finely Crafted Image of a Dwarf so I like to think that it's the Mona Lisa with a flowing beard and an expression of grim determination rather than an enigmatic smile.

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 03:07:50 pm »

…I just checked mine for the first time ever. My civilization symbol is cheese. I find this perfectly dwarfy for it's lack of sense.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 05:50:41 pm »

I've had all of the major vanilla races be a symbol for one of my civs/groups.
Yes, even elves. One time though, it was an adamantine battleaxe.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 07:14:43 pm »

I once had a dwarven civ named the beared hammers of smithing. Thier civilization's symbol was a cow, during world gen they waged war on all civilizations, winning every single battle.

"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 08:33:35 pm »

How do you find the symbol?
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 08:35:41 pm »

How do you find the symbol?

Go to the legends option in a save free file of any DF world.

Once the legends have loaded up look for something that says civilization entitys, the symbols should be in there.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 09:39:18 pm »

my Civ's banner is a chair.... THERES NOT A SINGLE CHAIR IN MY FORT...... >:(  Hmmmph time to go make some green chairs....
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 10:20:01 pm »

I can't remember whether it's for my civ or my group; an Elf.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 12:47:07 am »

Hmm it doesn't say what the symbol is but the little image next to it appears to be ( with a brown backround. Not sure what ( stands for but it might be made of HFS metal!