Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven food source - Nobles  (Read 801 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Dwarven food source - Nobles
« on: June 08, 2009, 11:35:17 am »

I have an idea, after explaining kitten based industry in DF to someone, I thought of modding nobles to be butcherable, and making dwarves bigger so that butchering the ever-arriving nobles would be a viable way to feed a fortress. I feel like just tosssing size up is a bit crude as it casues side-effects in combat, but I'd like to leave the principle out here for the DF community to use, abuse, and misform beyond my recognition. Have fun.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Dwarven food source - Nobles
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:01:52 pm »

Uhm, the only way this would work would be to make Nobles their own race, they couldn't be civil.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:05:03 pm »

Uhm, the only way this would work would be to make Nobles their own race, they couldn't be civil.
I believe you could make dawrves butcherable with Dwarf Companion...
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 02:16:16 pm »

You could try making a Fell-mood-in-a-box.