Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Artefact crossbows and training  (Read 1218 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artefact crossbows and training
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 05:14:49 am »

I've got one archery range designated- should I break it into 4?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 05:21:11 am »

Designate a range for every target. If you have four, make it four. If you have ten, make it ten. Marksdwarves don't practice at undesignated ranges, even if they fall within other ranges designations.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 06:37:24 am »

...I found the problem. He has a minor wound to his brain. Looks like i'll be replacing him, so far he's onl got two kills whereas all of my other soldiers at his level all have 10+ ( two even have 30+, they're getting their own burial rooms)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 06:56:54 am »

It was our understanding that dwarfs with minor nervous injuries were still training marksmanship (as opposed to melee sparring, which they will forgo).

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 08:30:30 am »

Well this guy just sits around the barracks/food stockpiles, and is not training marksmanship.

IT could be something to do with the artefact crossbow, thats the only thing distinguishing him from a normal marksdwarf.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 08:37:50 am »

Never heard about artifact crossbows giving anyone problems. Dwarfs supposedly train with artifact melee weapons normally, so I would assume they'd do the same with artifact crossbows.

Well, let's hope the others here got any better ideas about what the problem might be.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 09:28:00 am »

Does he have a shield equipped? If so, tell him to stop using shields.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 09:38:36 am »

Does he have a shield equipped? If so, tell him to stop using shields.

He has a buckler ( its made of a modded material from Civilization Forge, if that matter), but so do all my other dwarves.

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 07:53:36 pm »

The artifact crossbow is not the problem.  I've had a fort with 2 people w/ artifact crossbows (one was iron and another was turtle bone), and both of them reached Legendary in marksdwarfship.

And I don't know of shields ever causing a problem.  All of my military dwarves on that fort had shields as well as full iron plate, and I had 9 champion marksdwarves guarding my fort entrance.  So it shouldn't interfere.
Anyway, I figure that the dwarves are only marginally less wasteful of metal than they are of wood. The moody dwarf's selecting only the best 5% of each bar of metal, and eats the rest to sustain him as he works on the artifact.

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 12:46:46 am »

Just out of curiosity, but have you checked the weapon settings on the guy holding the artifact xbow?
Pages: 1 [2]