Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cutomising race materials  (Read 573 times)

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
cutomising race materials
« on: June 08, 2009, 01:48:29 pm »

so using [pref_stone] I can get orcs with Iron and [Pref_metal] I get orcs with steel. what other tags exist to set material preffrences?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: cutomising race materials
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:34:58 pm »

[MINOR_METAL] will make them use the weakest available metal (in vanilla, copper).
[STONE_PREF] has nothing to do with metal -- it allows the trading of stone and stone items, and might or might not allow races to use obsidian weapons. A race with no metal tags will default to iron (or whatever's one step below the strongest metal?).
[GEM_PREF] is for use of gems.
[WOOD_PREF] is something only elves have. It allows them to use wood without them letting you trade it to them?
[INDOOR_FARMING] allows use of subterranean plants and their products.
[OUTDOOR_FARMING] does the same thing, but with above-ground plants.
[RIVER_PRODUCTS] and [OCEAN_PRODUCTS] allow the use of river and ocean animals.
[USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] will allow usage of meat, leather, and bone. Maybe silk too.
[USE_MISC_PROCESSED_WOOD_PRODUCTS] is for logs and wood items. Elves do not have this tag.
[USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] allows use of animals with subterranean biomes (magma seems to be excluded).
[SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING] I'm not sure of the interaction between this, animal product usage, and cave animal usage, but it allows (G)CS silk and pig tail clothes. Maybe cave animal leather too, if the civ has the necessary tag.
[USE_GOOD / EVIL_ANIMALS / PLANTS / WOOD] -- Entities won't use good /  evil flora and fauna unless you tell them to.

There's no clear relationship between these tags and the permitted jobs -- you can remove the butchery and tanning jobs from a civ and give it the same KILL_ANIMAL ethic as the elves and it'll still bring leather and meat if it has [USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS].
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:40:35 pm »

To add to or clarify some of those:

[METAL_PREF] causes them to use the most valuable non-deep metal for weapons, armor, and bolts, i.e. Steel.

[USE_MISC_PROCESSED_WOOD_PRODUCTS] allows them to trade charcoal, potash, pearlash, and lye. Probaly normal ash, too.

[WOOD_PREF] allows them to use wooden weapons, I think.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:40:07 am »

thanks for taking the time :)

is it going to be possible to define a entities preffrence for a certain metal in the future?