Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water V Stair and Billon Spear  (Read 444 times)

Alrenous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Water V Stair and Billon Spear
« on: June 08, 2009, 10:16:38 am »

First question, can DF tell that water would flow slower down stairs than it would through empty space? I did a half-ass test but it was inconclusive.

Second question, my champion got his artifact spear stuck in a cave critter. He's a legendary wrestler so it wasn't a problem, but he didn't retrieve the spear and shows no signs of doing so; the corpse has long since rotted away and the bones have been turned into earrings or something. I'm not going to get that spear back unless he dies, am I? I can't undraft him, and I tried assigning two spears.
It started raining, then all my dwarves outside started bleeding to death. On inspection their upper bodies were missing.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Water V Stair and Billon Spear
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:29:01 am »

first question: I don't think it can tell the difference

second question: try setting him to unarmed combat, then forbid all spears except the artifact one, then tell him to use spears. he should go get the artifact spear as long as it is not forbidden.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 11:23:10 am »

Weapons that are stuck in creatures when the creatures die become forbidden automatically. Unforbid it and you should be able to retrieve it.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Alrenous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 04:33:52 pm »

Thanks, I'll try that.
It started raining, then all my dwarves outside started bleeding to death. On inspection their upper bodies were missing.