Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problematic execution tower.  (Read 419 times)

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Problematic execution tower.
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:00:54 am »

So, I've got the pit designated above the open space, but whenever I order a goblin to be thrown into the pit, the dwarf who's attempting to toss the goblin just ends up fighting it... Any suggestions on what I should do to stop this?

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Re: Problematic execution tower.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:04:32 am »

It probably are thieves. Creatures with the thief tag or something like that(kobold thieves, goblin child snatchers, resus macaques) tend to escape when trying to move them. Some people say that placing the cage directly adjecent to the pit solves this, I can't confirm it however.
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:07:48 am »

My cages were already adjacent to the pit, but I was only testing on thieves at the time. Thanks for the info. :)

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 01:19:11 am »

No problem :D
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 05:33:11 am »

In my experience not only thiefs escape. I tend to execute in waves. I've found that if I designate a number of captured seigers to be dumped in a pit at once that the first one has a chance of escape. If he does then every other one I marked to be moved will escape too. If he doesn't then I never seem to get trouble. I can't prove or confirm anything, but that is my experience. I've begun throwing them in 3 at a time, and this seems to minimize the impact. Also, station some soldiers around the cages just in case.

Also, on a related note, I once had a goblin thief that was being dragged to the pit get killed by a rock trap. He was in the dwarf's possession, but he hit a rock trap and died instantly.