Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: At what point can I abandon a fortress and have it remain a fortress?  (Read 641 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What I mean is that usually when you abancon a fortress, it becomes a ruin, so, I'm just wondering at what point will it stay a bustling fortress that is visitable in adventurer mode and stays as a new fortress of the civilization you are playing as at that moment.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

At the moment, it is not possible, but it is planned for later releases.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought someone had said that when you reach mountainhome designation that it will stay. So, I was just wondering.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers

I believe a fortress won't ever stay around after you abandon, if your dwarves leave alive though, well, that's a whole 'nother story.

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I looked in Legends after I abandoned my last fortress due to partial flooding, and it said that the dwarfs "fled into the Swamp of Vanishing" (where the fortress was located) and later formed some group called the Sword of Somethingorother which apparently took over an abandoned forest retreat that had been destroyed by goblins in about year 10 of the worldgen.  I'm going to take my adventurer up there next time I get a chance and see if I recognize any of my guys.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!

I think mountainhome makes your fortresses survive.