Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cheating caused merchants to kill my fort.  (Read 2246 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Cheating caused merchants to kill my fort.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 04:37:02 pm »

I say you use all the animals for some giant superDFcomputer thing to kill all enemies.. ever! as they arrive on the map.

That or you have good eating for the rest of the fort life.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 06:07:50 pm »

Any good animals in there?

Nope, only camels, dogs, and cats(and the young versions of each).
I say you put the Cat back in Catapult and start using the cats as ammo you take out two birds (so to speak unless it's a giant eagle) with one cat.  Now worries and catsplosion and no hauling heavey stone!!!
Nom nom nom

Lexender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 06:09:40 pm »

I don't understand why they brought so many animals. If it was just a bin, then your fortress wealth must have been much lower than that of a regular advanced one, or than any fortress that has mined a bit of HFS stuff. Plus, animals in cages don't cause much more lag than a rock on the ground. Would that mean they brought a hell of a lot of cages, but also gems, bars, cheese, food, socks?

I really don't get it. Please, someone, explain it to me.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 07:18:49 pm »

It takes a lot of wagons to drive all those cages. And a lot of wagons means a lot of merchants and guards.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 08:43:10 pm »

If it was just a bin, then your fortress wealth must have been much lower than that of a regular advanced one, or than any fortress that has mined a bit of HFS stuff.
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he got said wealth in a very small window of time since his fortress came into being?
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 06:54:28 am »

Perhaps it's the relative increase in value, if he went from a 1000 or so value from starting goods to a 100.000 value from a few bins of adamantine, the 100-fold increase causes a huge amount of merchants, in comparison if a 500.000 fortress produced 100.000 extra, it's only a 0.2 fold increase, not causing heavy merchant spam.

Also if he doesn't have a wagon accessible trade depot all goods are brought with pack animals, which can carry a lot less. Part of the stuff is just not brought, and for the rest they just bring more animals.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 07:47:34 pm »

It takes a lot of wagons to drive all those cages. And a lot of wagons means a lot of merchants and guards.

Elves don't bring guards.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 08:57:12 pm »

Elves don't bring guards.

Usually.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 05:11:12 pm »

Any good animals in there?

Nope, only camels, dogs, and cats(and the young versions of each).
I say you put the Cat back in Catapult and start using the cats as ammo you take out two birds (so to speak unless it's a giant eagle) with one cat.  Now worries and catsplosion and no hauling heavey stone!!!

Feel the wrath of my cat-launcher!
Pages: 1 [2]