Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best dwarfs name changed  (Read 393 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best dwarfs name changed
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:10:05 pm »

well i start like normal but when i check up on my best dwarf (leader of military with 7 kids and good friends with half the entire population) i found that his name isnt the same. it used to be Inguish (or something like that), now its Delerimush Losisosdin.....do dwarve's names usually change like that? also, is there like, i translator for that names or something?

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Best dwarfs name changed
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 04:24:29 pm »

When they get double-tough they get additional titles.

You'd have to make an educated (or blind) guess as to how it breaks down (it's almost certainly multiple parts, like every other RNG type name) and do a search in the RAW language file (RAW/object/language_dwarf)

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 04:29:20 pm »

When you select a dwarf, his or her name is translated on the second line in quote marks. If your dwarf is renown enough to earn titles, you might need to use tab to extend the display to see it all...

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 04:51:03 pm »

Sometimes, if the name's too long, the only way to view the full name is to look it up in Legends.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.