Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Human Siege= Pansies  (Read 1621 times)

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
Re: Human Siege= Pansies
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 08:53:38 pm »

has anyone thought of adding the [NOFEAR] tag to horses?
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

[NOFEAR] might work.  Probably means they won't run from you in the wild (Easy hunting?  Horse steak, tatar style!), but it could also mean they'll come in while used as mounts.

What'd I'd be afraid of is the implications of adding it.  Roving bands of murderous horses, horses jumping and killing adventurers like they were wolves or sometime.  It would need testing, but it would undoubtedly be Fun.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 09:07:48 pm »

has anyone thought of adding the [NOFEAR] tag to horses?
Yes.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 09:43:41 pm »

But the question is, would removing that tag suddenly make wild horses thirst for the blood of Urist?

I doubt it. It would make them more like wolves, where they still keep their distance, but will attack if a dwarf gets too close.

You could always remove the [BENIGN] tag as a siege arrives and then put it back on once it's broken.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 08:20:51 am »

Just give them the carnivore and likes fighting tag. Flesh eating horses of the apocalypse!
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 03:20:09 pm »

Maybe you could try adding the [trAINABLE] tag, then making it so only war/ hunting horses have no fear, then make it so humans only ride war/ hunting horses?  This would hopefully eliminate the problem of killer bands of horses.

Wait, would humans actually bother to train the horses?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:01 am »

Nope, they wouldn't bother. I added [trAINABLE] to horses on my current goblin fort on hearsay that it supposedly made the animals much more aggressive like dogs, so that the siegers wouldn't be pansies that my champions had to chase down, but unfortunately, it didn't do anything. And anyway, the horses don't come trained, they're just regular tame horses.

Really, people, if you're talking about adding a bunch of different tags to make them attack people but not be flesh eating carnivores, there's no need to go through all the effort. Removing [BENIGN] accomplishes the exact same thing. It prevents them from running away at the first sight of your soldiers and they will engage in combat. They'll still break and flee, though.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 [2]