Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Decker  (Read 2362 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Decker
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 02:12:53 pm »

I'll have to try that, I first upgraded my medic and smoke to 2 since I used those the most.  I hate how its starting to throw level three ICE at me when I still mostly only have level 1 things.  Is there anyway to make it so that I can use more programs in my deck without going to heavy since I'm only one point away from going into that?
yes there is!
a)unload something you don't need (or downgrade)
b)get a better CPU
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 04:58:24 pm »

A better coprocessor will give you more room as well.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 05:56:41 pm »

yes, right.

also, if you absolutely need all that software, consider unloading some temporarily and swapping as needed (you can load/unload software during missions too, it just takes time)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 11:29:36 pm »

A better coprocessor will give you more room as well.

Yes, but keep in mind that the coprocessor is limited to your CPU's level.  A level 5 Coproc won't help any if you're still using a level 1 CPU.  (At least, so the help files say.  I never actually tested that one...)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 08:31:14 am »

Just a heads up, the programs that temporarily boost an attribute are the most useless thing ever.  They decay by a level every round, so if you get a level 5 one, you only have it at level 5 for one round, and it's gone in five rounds.  Takes space, waste of time to upload, you have better things to do.

If you need to make a getaway, 1) silence the node, 2) smoke the node, 3) just walk out.

Remember that you can re-upload your Medic program!  If you're REALLY low on space, you can keep your medic program unloaded, and plan to only use it when you've secured an area and you're safe for a while.  Same with random things like decryption, you don't need it in memory all the time, though I don't think that's a very big program.  But you get the idea.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:55 pm »

This game is pretty fun, the only thing I don't like is that it punishes you for not being all-stealthy like. I mean, sure it makes sense as a hacker, but then you realize that a lot of the direct damage and armor programs and skills and stuff is pretty much useless (once you need it, you're probably f-ed anyway).
Pages: 1 [2]