Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cannon fodd  (Read 651 times)

sgtalex86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
cannon fodd
« on: May 31, 2009, 02:44:07 pm »

Is there an way to makecannon fodder companions to attack childr neutral units that im fighting with, they are neutral until i bash em with me crossbow and after that its all out battle but for some reason my meat shields companion dwarfs just watch me getting mauled by swarms of hostiles...  :'(

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: cannon fodd
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 03:06:18 pm »

Become important to your civ I would suggest taking quests on from all home locations, train stats, get as many members of YOUR own civ to join you, attack easy target in town, let them hit you ??? PROFIT!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

sgtalex86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:32:04 am »

i was attacking some dark tower for ?Fun? had 3 dwarfs with me that i picked up from some stronghold and when i was picking fight with some gobbos i thought my minnions would step in and give me a hand but instead they let the little buggers swarm me  :-\ and after i died i kept the game running for a while (mainly to see the bugger that stapped me in the face with pike (ur l eye,nose,throat has peen poked out) to die for blood loss  >:( i sow my minions standing right next to some gobbos and they seemed to be afk lol (mchammer: did u see how his eye flew off
bow gobbo: Yeah cool, ... want to come for a drink?
mc hammer: sure the gobbo moonshine rocks) ???? ???

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:40:51 pm »

Whoa...

Uh, come ageeeiin? I seem to have become slightly blind now.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 01:37:37 pm »

If you do a quest for the dwarves, don't you become one of their mercenaries? That might be enough to make them help you.