Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unintelligent, war-like race  (Read 788 times)

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Unintelligent, war-like race
« on: May 30, 2009, 08:30:54 pm »

I need to make a race that seiges relativly late game*, all wrestlers, and no intelligence/speaking capabilities. What should I do.

*Optional, but I want it.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unintelligent, war-like race
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:43:23 pm »

I need to make a race that seiges relativly late game*, all wrestlers, and no intelligence/speaking capabilities. What should I do.

*Optional, but I want it.

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Main_Page

Look at the modding guide, and the modding section. You'll have to make a new entity/creature entry, and give the creature [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_CIV] without giving them [CAN_SPEAK] or [INTELLIGENT]. That'll make them always hostile. The progress trigger values in the entity control how late they turn up. You should be able to make them all wrestlers by giving them access to no weapons.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 01:22:56 pm »

Okay, but what jobs should I give them access to? I'm thinking just hunting. Will that work? Or will I need more. And what site should I give them?
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 01:57:49 pm »

Okay, but what jobs should I give them access to? I'm thinking just hunting. Will that work? Or will I need more. And what site should I give them?

depends what you want their sites to look like in adventure mode. Their jobs/sites really don't matter in fortress mode or worldgen, so it's your personal preference. Are they hunter/gatherer types? maybe forest retreat would be best then? Or ruins perhaps? Presumably not a city type as they aren't intelligent.