Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ongoing Succession Fort on SA  (Read 4806 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ongoing Succession Fort on SA
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 05:18:51 am »

I somehow found a working version of the fort but so far nothing epic the scale boatmurdered happened. Then i looked on page 2 and i got the subscribtion message.

Is it a bug/glitch that it accidentaly mistakes viewing for a members only function or is there some bored moderator sitting somewhere constantly changing the options?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 05:59:03 am »

I somehow found a working version of the fort but so far nothing epic the scale boatmurdered happened. Then i looked on page 2 and i got the subscribtion message.

Is it a bug/glitch that it accidentaly mistakes viewing for a members only function or is there some bored moderator sitting somewhere constantly changing the options?

The guy who runs the site is famous for being incompetent.  You have no ideas how many bugs and glitches have plagued SA for the last years, not to mention lost passwords, forum downtime, leaked credit card info, and more.  It's all the customer's fault though (of course).

That said, the SA DF community is pretty sweet
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:25:00 am by Krash »
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 06:41:19 am »

Wow, a succession game is taking place and it's reached year 2!

:P

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 06:15:15 pm »

OK, the thread should be viewable again and it has only gotten better.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3125076

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 01:46:44 pm »

Bumping this one last time since the forums are slow here anyway, enjoy.

Liwjatan

• Bay Watcher
  • I swallow your soul!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 02:19:29 pm »

Wow, a succession game is taking place and it's reached year 2!

:P

Don't forget that it's SA doing a successiongame and as we all know anything that SA does is generaly better than everything of resemblance! Now if you'd excuse me, I'm busy naworing my eyes.
Trueth to be told I'm glad to see there's a successiongame in which the reader is not clustered with mediocre magma/armok/magma! references in the comments and in the stroy itself alike - judging from the first page.Why just the first you might ask?'caus of SA's fees.

However, trust me on this one as it's not just my own opinion alone, that is no excuse to post a plug for a rather popular forum like SA, which requires you to pay fee's just so you may read one entire article/discussion/etc., on a forum that is occoupied only with DF (and other rpg-related games). I mean, fer the sake of our buttery savior, is that successiongame so extraordinary special and humoursly written that it deserves several bumps here (being the official DF forum)?

Personaly I wouldn't mind it that much if you at least had posted it in the communitygame-subforum or if you had posted a teaser or if you wouldn't react with cocky sarcasm to any criticism you receive. Seeing as you did none of the above, I can safely say that this entire thread is rubbish.

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 03:45:45 pm »

I can safely say that this entire thread is rubbish.

Why are you so angry?  There's nothing much else happening in general discussion right now and it's a fun read.  No one is making you read it, post here, or even click on this thread.  Also, please try to use intelligible spelling and grammar, I had a great deal of trouble making out what you were attempting to communicate.  :-\

Edit:  You should be able to read the whole thing fine, I can see it all and I'm not logged into the site.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:55:31 pm by Topace3k »

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 04:07:20 pm »

I can safely say that this entire thread is rubbish.

Chill.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 04:20:20 pm »

SA is so enormous they really don't give a damn how many people they piss off with that anymore, they just want more money to keep going and get a trickle of that from the people they annoy into signing up.  And a trickle more from the people they annoy into buying out of the default 'fucking newbie' picture everyone gets stuck with until they pay.

They rotate which forums require an account to cause maximum annoyance to the lurking audience because, as stated, they really couldn't care less about them except as a money source.  They have too many users, threads, and archives already.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:23:58 pm by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 04:30:53 pm »

"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 04:46:10 pm »

Lot of SA hate in this thread...

Remember Boatmurdered was on the SA forum.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 06:23:14 pm »

It's "hatred" to present facts related to me by a longtime goon?  Besides, I don't "hate" it.  At worst it moderately annoys me, as does the fact that even a well-intentioned link to anything on SA basically amounts to an SA pledge drive.  They want their forums to be their own closed universe, let's let them have it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:28:47 pm by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 06:55:02 pm »

It's "hatred" to present facts related to me by a longtime goon?  Besides, I don't "hate" it.  At worst it moderately annoys me, as does the fact that even a well-intentioned link to anything on SA basically amounts to an SA pledge drive.  They want their forums to be their own closed universe, let's let them have it.
I'm not a goon myself and can't vouch for the validity of these facts, but I was mostly referring to the general atmosphere of the comments in this thread rather than any specific post.

Judenbaer

• Bay Watcher
  • Sprechen Sie Dick?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 09:12:57 pm »

I thought it was a good read.
Pages: 1 [2]