Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boarder forts  (Read 442 times)

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
Boarder forts
« on: May 30, 2009, 11:52:54 am »

I'd like to find some places in adventure mode occupied only by 1 class of citizen (ie. Soldiers in forts, Rangers in lodges, Fisherdwarves in fishing villages.)  And the possibility of more concrete, ridgedly define territory boundaries, where military forts build up and better physically define nations along more stable boarders.
  This, then, might lead to places like swamp forts, or fridged posts where all the citizens despise living but must.  Maybe they could be flagged for necessary settlements somehow, where citizens can't emmagrate, or maybe military dwarves could have some measure of a sense of duty to create a nice internal tension between themselves and the leader.  Or, witg a functioning global eccomony system (=->), the rents at these places could be really cheap, and the value of work really high as a sort of settlement incentive.
Or some combo, or not at all.  I love this game.   =->
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Boarder forts
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 12:27:51 pm »

That stuff should automatically arise as the civ generation process develops, I think that when it's more complex those sort of things will arise naturally.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.